YOSA - High School Youth Ministry
The Youth of St. Angela (YOSA) is a comprehensive Youth Ministry program for all high school teens. Designed by teens for teens, YOSA allows teens to stay connected to their faith, their parish and their friends. Activities include a variety of opportunities to live their faith through social, service and spiritual events.
Media Consent Form Click Here
Emergency Medical Form Click Here
* this form only needs to be completed once per year *
2013 Appalachia Parent Letter Click Here
Bowling Activity Consent Form Click Here
Vacation Bible School Volunteer Application Form Click Here
When is YOSA?
- 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month, from September to May
- 5:30pm Parish Mass with Youth Contemporary Choir, Youth Lectors, Ushers, Extraordinary Ministers. Choir practice takes place in the church at 4:25pm prior to Mass.
- 6:30pm to 8:15pm in the Social Hall for Pizza, the meeting, and some teen event
“Bring a dollar and a friend!”
Check out the YOSA Video
All High School teenagers are invited to come to YOSA regardless of their parish or high school.
Our motto is "Bring $1 and a friend!"
YOSA tries to provide a wide range of service activities throughout the year. They range from playing Bingo with the seniors at Rockport Retirement Center, to sorting food for the Cleveland Foodbank, to a week-long summer workcamp experience in Paintsville, Kentucky. Come and check out what YOSA can provide in ways of service to others.
Just show up! It really is the best way to be involved.
Teens can be involved in the 5:30pm Sunday Mass as Lectors (Readers), Ushers, Eucharistic Ministers, and also with the Contemporary Choir (Choir practice takes place in the church at 4:00pm prior to Mass.). Come to a meeting to find out more about helping in one of these ministries.
Members of YOSA serve on the Teen Council, which helps to plan events for all of YOSA. We plan:
- social events (like our annual Autumn flag football event, bowling night, our annual "Road Ralley" scavenger hunt & more)
- service events (Relay for Life, Souper Bowl of Caring, Rockport Retirement Center & more)
- faith centered events (Respect Life, inspirational speakers, regional / national youth conferences & more)
2010-2011 School Year YOSA's 15th Year!
2009-2010 School Year
2008-2009 School Year
2007-2008 School Year